These emergency resource videos and fact sheets (see below videos) provide information for first responders to use when dealing with loose livestock or barn fire situations.
Emergency Video Series
This video series takes a look at the basics of handling farm animals in a calm manner, how to deal with loose livestock, tips for responding to accidents involving farm animals, and priorities in dealing with a livestock emergency.
Emergency Resource Fact Sheets
The following facts sheets contain information for first responders who are dealing with barn fires or motor vehicle accidents involving farm animals. Click on the images to access the full fact sheet.
Perth East Fire Department has produced a video called ‘More at Stake than the Barn’ to increase awareness around barn fires and how to be proactive around your farm.
The following list of resources are provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture Food & Rural Affairs.
- Publication 837 covers the topic of Reducing the Risk of Fire on Your Farm. You can access a PDF version here or request a hard copy through the following link.
- Barn Fires – A Concern for Ontario Farmers. Questions and Answers to Barn Fires and Fires in Farm Structures.
- Reducing the Risk of Fire on Your Farm – Assessing Your Risk.
- Spontaneous Combustion and Hay Fires
- Silo and Hay Mow Fires on Your Farm